About J-SIAP

  • Provides college/university students the opportunity to acquire practical knowledge, skills, and desirable attitudes in Foreign Host Establishments such as Hotels, restaurants and healthcare facilities.
  • Enhance the students’ work values, competencies and discipline as they relate in a multicultural work environment;
  • Promote global competitiveness of students through training, exposure and acculturation;
  • Strengthen and enrich the degree programs in order to deliver high level of knowledge and skills.


  1. Must be presently enrolled
  2. Psychologically and physically healthy
  3. Must learn basic Nihongo and Japan culture
  4. Must be 18 years old and above

Documentary Requirements

  1. Valid Passport
  2. 6 pcs. passport size picture
  3. Medical & Psychological Certificate
  4. Certificate of Japanese Language Completion
  5. Latest copy of Certificate of Enrollment
  6. Parent’s Waiver
  7. School recommendation certificate
  8. Internship Contract


Marunuma Kogen Mountain Resort
Gunma Prefecture

Manza Hotel Juraku
Gunma Prefecture

Shibushiwan Daikoku Resort Hotel
Kagoshima Prefecture

Superhotel Hotel
Premier Tokyo-eki Yaesu Chuo-guchi

Chiba Prefecture

Takefue Exclusive Ryokan
Kumamoto Prefecture

Hotel Goryukan
Nagano Prefecture

The Westin Rusutsu Resort

Naspa New Otani Resort
Niigata Prefecture

Hotel Nishi Nagato
Yamaguchi Prefecture

Kamogawa Grand Hotel
Chiba Prefecture

Ai Resort Inn
Yamanashi Prefecture



Nakayama Agency Co. Ltd.
Address: 903 Deer Stage Hon Yawata 2-2-19 Yawata, Ichikawa City, Chiba Prefecture
No. of FHE/Os: More than 70 companies
Industry: Hotel and Restaurant

Philippines Human Resource Development Organization
Address: 100 Minamine Iruma shi Saitama, Japan 358-0046
No. of FHE/Os: More than 20 companies
Industry: Hotel

Astmil Corp.
Address: 11F nue Takanawa 3-25-27 Takanawa, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0074
No. of FHE/Os: More than 20 companies
Industry: Hotel/Restaurant


Who and how to join the J-SIAP? How long is its duration?

Students of affiliated Higher Education Institution (Universities) with Internship requirement can join. First step is to join the orientation and interview. Complete the documentary requirements and study Nihongo. J-SIAP if from 3 months to 1-year.

What is the type of visa for the J-SIAP and how to apply? Are their any support or assistance in obtaining the visa?

The visa is called Designated Activity Visa. To obtain a Designated Activity Visa, the FHE/I must apply to the Japan Immigration Bureau for the issuance of Certificate of Eligibility. After such, the visa shall be obtain at Japan Embassy in Manila.

We guide and assist students for the processing and application of the Certificate of Eligibility and Designated Activity visa.

Can a student apply directly to the Foreign Host Establishment/Institution (FHE/I)?

No, students or Interns cannot directly apply to FHE/I. A Recommendation Letter from the HEI and Internship Contract is necessary between the HEI and the FHE/I. Applications must be coordinated with the HEI at all times.

How safe is Japan for foreign students?

Without a doubt, Japan is a safe country for foreigners. Leave your bag in a restaurant, walk around at night alone or forgot something in the train. It’s pretty much all good.  You’ll even see young children travelling home by themselves on trains. You’ll see that a lot. It’s a sign that people have nothing to worry about. The Global Peace Index (2021) ranked Japan 12th out of 163 countries.

Is Nihongo training necessary before going to Japan?

It is very important that students who wish to join the J-SIAP must first study Nihongo before going to Japan. Communication plays a major role in the completion and success of the program. Interaction with Japanese counterparts and other foreign students is inevitable.  

What are the roles of Support Company (SC) and Service Provider (SP)?

Both SC and SP acts in behalf of the FHE/I and HEI to facilitate a more desirable coordination in the application of Certificates of Eligibility and Designated Activity Visa. They monitor Interns activities and provide updates for the acquired knowledge and support in daily living while in Japan. SP also provides career opportunities after the Internship period.

What are other opportunities after J-SIAP?

Students who successfully finished the J-SIAP have access to better career opportunities in Japan or elsewhere. Working or training visas and local employment are available for students who have completed their Japan Internship. As your Service Provider, we can tailor-fit a career program for you to choose from.